Association Law 2018-03-27T18:31:54+00:00

Association Law

At the Law Office of Grazi & Gianino, our association law attorneys regularly represent builders and developers in all aspects of acquisition and development of single-family, town home, and other common ownership interest residential communities.

Such representation includes entity planning, structure, formation, governance and maintenance of associations; drafting, amending, interpretation and enforcement of declarations of covenants, conditions and restrictions; and legal counsel involving architectural control, assessments and deficit funding, assignment of developers rights, board of directors and officers, budgets and fiscal matters, master and sub-associations, reserves, and turnover of developer control.

If you or your company is in need of legal advice and/or representation for an Association Law matter in Stuart, FL or Martin County, Fort Pierce and Port St. Lucie or St. Lucie County, Vero Beach or Indian River County, Okeechobee or Okeechobee County, West Palm Beach or Palm Beach County, or surrounding areas, please call the Stuart, Florida association law lawyer (real estate lawyer) of Grazi & Gianino now at (772) 286-0200.

About Association Dues Collection Issues.

Due to the recent developments in real estate, there are various options and courses of action available relating to the collection of delinquent Association dues. Prior to the collapse of the real estate market, issues regarding ownership rarely seemed to arise, and the unit owners almost always complied with demands to receive payments, however, this is no longer the case. There will more likely be fact-specific variations, and there are always different scenarios that may be encountered, with varying legal advice and recommendations. Some of the more common scenarios that may occur are outlined herein.

The first scenario is when the owner in arrears has a mortgage, has equity in the property, and there is no mortgage foreclosure pending. In this scenario, it may be advisable for the Association to proceed forward